What is Government Contract Bidding?
The Steps to Bid & Win Government Contracts
- Look in the mirror. In order to bid on and win government contracts, you’ll have to sell products or services that the government buys — and at a competitive price.
- Get your DUNS # and register with SAM.
- Do your research. Use websites like the Dynamic Small Business Search, FedBizOpps & SubNet to find contracts you can profitably bid on.
- Research the types of contracts. There are set-asides for 8(a), Women-Owned & Veteran Owned just to name a few.
- Get some help! Visit your local SCORE office.