You’ve made a great decision; to leverage your accounts receivable and access fast cash by factoring your invoices. The next step is to find the best factoring company for trucking to meet your financial needs. It is important to choose a factoring company that understands the trucking industry and provides a selection of specialized services designed for carriers and brokers.
Choosing a financial partner is a critically important decision; know how to choose the best factoring company for trucking. Look for the factoring company that offers the best rates, cost-saving services and exceptional customer service.
Why should your trucking business factor their invoices?
Factoring is the sale of invoices at a slight discount to a third party (the factor or factoring company) in exchange for immediate cash. This financial transaction eliminates the need to wait 30, 60 or 90+ days for your customers to pay and unlocks money already earned, so you can put the funds to use right away.
Factoring invoices is a common business practice within the transportation industry due to the many financial benefits it delivers.
Benefits of invoice factoring for the trucking industry
In addition to providing fast cash, factoring companies are specialists in credit analysis and invoice collection. When you partner with a reputable freight factoring company, you are able to concentrate on growing your business while the factoring company improves your collections and decreases your credit risk. Freight invoice factoring companies offer online systems that allow you to submit invoices, track customer payments in real-time and verify customer credit information.
When you work with a factoring company that specializes in the trucking industry, these basic benefits, along with value-added services such as a fuel discount program, increase cost savings.
Factoring offers real value for your trucking company
The trucking industry is uniquely different to all other businesses. If managed properly, trucking can be a profitable business; however, aggressive competition, driver shortages, low margins and high operating costs are daily barriers that threaten your bottom line. The best truck factoring companies know this and provide much more than just immediate access to working capital. A factoring company that understands your business needs can provide cost-saving and value-added services to increase operational efficiency and improve your bottom line. Look for a factoring company that provides real value with convenient, cost-saving services like:
- Discount fuel card program
- Cash advance on loads in transit
- Free credit checking
- Digital invoice uploading for quick funding
It is very important to find a good fit when looking for a funding partner for your business. Factoring is an excellent option for your trucking company, but only if you have chosen a factor that works well with both your organization and your customers.
Use the following checklist to assist you in choosing the best factoring company for your trucking business:
- Does the factoring company provide full transparency with online accounting and regular reports?
- Is the fee structure easy to understand and simple to calculate?
- Are there any hidden fees or surprises?
- Are there any potential delays in the funding process?
- Check the factoring company’s website for reviews, testimonials or case studies.
- Ask the factoring company for references. Speak to their existing customers (your fellow truckers) and ask about their level of satisfaction.
Superior Customer Service
- Does the factoring company provide a dedicated Accounts Manager for their clients?
- Is their customer support service prompt and helpful?
- Does the factoring company communicate with you and your customers in a courteous and professional manner?
- How long has the factoring company been in business?
- Does the factoring company truly understand trucking…not just from a lender’s perspective, but from actual hands-on experience?
Who is the right factoring company for you?
Choose an experienced factoring company that understands your business. eCapital has been in business for over 25 years and specializes in providing the transportation industry with low-cost funding solutions to improve cash flow. Our cost- effective services are convenient to use, simple to understand and easy to manage.
A dedicated Accounts Manager ensures you receive superior customer service. You’ll get trusted advice from industry experienced staff to help with credit decisions, expedite funding and to answer all queries. Our specialized services include fuel discounts, access to an exclusive broker network and a free credit search tool to reduce risk and maximize your bottom-line.
For more information about convenient, cost effective freight factoring and cost-saving services to improve your profitability, contact us today.