If you’re a truck owner-operator, finding loads is one of your main priorities. It’s imperative to increase your loaded miles in order to maximize your profits and mileage. A great way to find loads is by utilizing online freight-matching services or load boards. There are dozens of freight-matching sites to choose from, but the trick is to find one that matches your needs so you’re not wasting time and money. So what should you look for in an online load-matching service?
1. Cost: Make sure you find a service that fits within your budget, yet pays for itself after a few loads.
2. Free postings to brokers: This will increase the load amounts listed, offering you more opportunity.
3. Added features: Does the load board offer added services? Some offer free corporate websites, hot leads, credit ratings and rate checks at no additional cost.
4. Free trial: Look for a load board that offers a free trial so you can test it out and see if it works for you.
5. User-friendly: Is the site user-friendly? An intuitive interface can save you time and frustration when you’re searching for loads.
6. Alarm notifications: Choose a site that will send alerts to your phone or email so you never miss an opportunity.
Continue to check back on our blog for more tips and info to help increase your profits and productivity!