There are some work-related tasks that are a real pain to do. Rather than focus our time, energy, and skills on something beneficial, we’re occupied by the mundane because we haven’t developed a better system of doing them. As business owners, it’s our responsibility to make sure that our day-to-day operations run as smoothly as possible. That’s why it’s so important for us to stay on top of trends, streamline tasks, and eliminate dated systems that no longer serve us.
If time really is money, why would we want to work harder versus working smarter? Even if you’re not the type of person that embraces new technology quickly, you’re going to need to adapt to the changing needs of your clients and customers or someone else is going to take on that role for you. Don’t risk losing business because you’re too stubborn to change.
Here are five tools that take the tediousness out of today’s workload:
- PhoneTag. Missing phone calls can cost your business money. Like most entrepreneurs, you may not have time to listen to each and every voicemail that is left for you. That’s what makes PhoneTag a valuable service. It converts voice messages to text format and sends them your email to view. You also receive a .MP3 file for you to refer to. The service costs money to use but the company offers a weeklong free trial to see if it’s right for your business.
- RoboForm. You don’t want to keep a spreadsheet containing all your valuable passwords in a place where they can be stolen. That’s where password manager RoboForm comes in. Use a master password to access all of your favorite websites. The bookmark-style logins allows you to log into any of your accounts with one click. Best of all, it’s FREE and secure. It can be used on a PC, Mac, phone, tablet, and even a USB drive. One license covers every device you own.
- Google Docs. Create, store, and share documents online in one central location. Google Docs integrates with Gmail and acts like Microsoft Word with its word processing application, spreadsheet, databases, and presentations. Best of all, it’s stored on the cloud which means that if your system crashes, you won’t lose all of your information.
- Basecamp. Need a project management tool that is results-driven? Look no further than Basecamp. Not only is it easy-to-use, many companies prefer it over other tools that they’ve been introduced to. Available for use on Safari (Mac, iPhone/iPad), Chrome (Mac, PC, iPhone/iPad, Android), Firefox (Mac, PC), and IE 9+ (PC, Surface). You can even add the app to your mobile devices and view which projects haven’t been started and which projects have been completed. Apple and Android users can utilize the service easily through their choice of device.
- Catch the Best. If you’re tired of letting the best candidates go by, Catch the Best helps you keep track of applicants and get your team in on the hiring process. Post your jobs to Indeed for free. Share the open position on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Share candidate information with other people in your workplace without forwarding emails and attachments. View comments about the candidate and decide if he or she will fit in well in your workplace environment.
The average worker wants to be efficient. The five tools listed here were designed to make the workload lighter. If you’re in a position to utilize these items, do so. Every second that you spend doing meaningless tasks is one second that you’ll never get back.